Commentaries, Articles and Videos
Commentaries & Articles
- “TIAA-CREF shareholders meeting hears call to divest from ‘unethical’ private health insurers.“ Shareholder Sandy Fox’s comments provoke response from company’s president.
- “Presbyterians, TIAA-CREF hear call to divest from private health insurance firms.” Report on recent divestment efforts. Includes statements from Sandy Fox, of our Coalition, to the TIAA-CREF shareholder meeting in New York City.
- “Medicare for all is the only solution” A Coalition Op-Ed in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- “Health Care Versus Wealth Care: Investors with a Conscience Should Divest from Health Insurance Companies” by Rob Stone
- “Single-Payer Myths; Single-Payer Facts” from Physicians for a National Health Program
- “Fix the system with Medicare for All” by Dr. Marcia Angell
- “The Massachusetts plan: a failed model for reform” from Physicians for a National Health Program
- “Business Sense, Common Sense and Healthcare” by Morton Mintz
- “Reclaim and Strengthen Medicare” from Rekindling Reform
- “The press needs to tell us more about Canada’s single-payer health-care system” by Morton Mintz
- Summary of Universal Healthcare Models – A short overview and brief explanation of basic models of health care found around the world.
- Healthcare around the world – Short comparison of U.S., U.K., France, and Singapore.
- National Health Service – THE TRUTH! – Review of the United Kingdom system.
- Physician’s Proposal (by PNHP in JAMA)
- US Admin Costs(NEJM)
- Medicare Advantage costs more than traditional Medicare
- Paying for nat’l insurance and not getting it (Health Affairs)
- An international comparison (Health Affairs)
- Another international comparison (Health Affairs)
- “No Grand Bargain Luncheon Video” Now available for viewing. On December 6, 2014 State Senator Jim Ferlo, our Coalition and the PA. Association for Retired Americans sponsored a “No Grand Bargain Luncheon” in Pittsburgh.
The luncheon mobilized local activists to resist cuts to Medicare, Social Security and other social safety net programs. In addition to Senator Ferlo, speakers include Leo Gerard, USW President, Mike Doyle (D-14), Wayne Burton, PA. President Alliance Retired Americans, Nicole Woo, Center for Economic Policy and Research.
Ed Grystar, Co-Chair of the W.PA. Coalition for Single Payer Healthcare represented the Coalition and can be heard at the 58 minute mark of the video.
- HR 676 – The Single-Payer Solution
- “Sick Around the World”
- “The Health Insurance Game”
- Universal Health Care Message to Americans From Canadian Doctors & Health Care Experts