- Since we could finance a fairly good system, like the Norwegian, Danish or Swedish system, with the public money we are already spending (60% of health costs), why do we need to raise the additional 40% (from employers and individuals)?
- What is PNHP’s response to libertarian proposals for health savings accounts and deregulated insurance plans?
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center has been in the news lately for poor care and treatment of returning soldiers from Iraq. Won’t national health insurance have similar problems?
- How much could the states save on administrative waste by adopting a statewide single-payer program?
- Universal healthcare is okay for a small country or organization like Switzerland, Canada, or the Veterans Administration, but it wouldn’t work when scaled up to meet the needs of a large country like the US.
- What about the claim (in videos circulating on the internet) that a patient in Canada would have died of a brain tumor if he hadn’t come to the U.S. for an MRI?
- The number of uninsured Americans now exceeds 50.7 million people according to the Census Bureau. Won’t the Obama health plan cover them?